- Best Deals on Off Set Smoker
- Shop Offset Smokers
- Royal Gourmet 30" BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker | 800 Square Inch cooking surface, Outdoor for Camping | Black, CC1830S model
- Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black
- Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker
- Char-Broil 12201570-A1 American Gourmet Offset Smoker, Black,Standard
- Oklahoma Joe's Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
- Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1 BBQ Grill Auto Temperature Control, 450 Sq in Bronze
- ALEKO Portable Charcoal BBQ Offset Smoker Grill with Side Fire Box - Black
The offset barbeque smoker is the most popular type of smoker. It generates continuous heat, which is what smoking meat is all about. The slow cooking at low temperatures allows for the meat to be tender and for the flavors and the smoke to fully penetrate to the inside.
The best offset smokers are designed so that the smoke and heat travel easily around the meat, and the temperature remains consistent. The offset smoker is the most expensive so unless you have smoked meat before and know that you absolutely love the smoky flavor, you would probably be wise to experiment on a less sophisticated model.
In a barbecue form of cooking, a basic cooking device used is a smoker. The barbecue involves slow and Low cooking temperature and infusion of smoke. Smokers have main two parts, a cooking chamber and a firebox or source of heat. There is a means for controlling the smoke and heat in the smoker. When the source of heat or firebox is at an offset from the cooking chamber, in a smoker it is called an offset smoker.
Best Deals on Off Set Smoker
Offsets smokers are very popular in the market, and they are available in varied price ranges. If you are participating in competitions you will sure go for expensive 0ffset smokers or EOS like Horizon Offset Smokers. If you are a beginner in barbecue or on a budget you may prefer to go with cheap offset smokers or COS like Char-Broil Offset smokers.
One must understand the difference between COS and EOS before deciding which one to purchase. The main difference that will affect food quality is material and workmanship. The EOS is made up of thicker steel. The use of thick steel helps to make the firebox more efficient as energy from the coal is retained within the firebox due to the thickness of the material. In the cooking chamber, the thickness of steel used helps in keeping the chamber hot for a longer time and in radiating heat back to the food being cooked. Some EOS also use a convection system for even distribution of heat and smoke within the food chamber. The welding in EOS is also stronger and tighter and lids sealing is better quality. This increases the overall efficiency of EOS, and also gives better food quality.
COS may leak smoke out allowing oxygen to get in. This makes temperature control very difficult. Also, the temperature differences can be observed between different sides of the cooking chambers. By learning a few tricks and making some modifications you can prepare pretty good food even with COS.
Some of the popular COS are
- Char-Broil American Gourmet
- Brinkman Smoke n Pit Professional
- Char-Griller Smokin Pro
- Brinkmann Pitmaster
- Char-Broil Silver Smoker.
Some techniques for cooking good foods in Offset smokers are worth having a look:
- As wood fire is difficult to manage, particularly in COS, it is always advisable to use coal as fuel.
- Before keeping meat in the cooking chamber, pre-heat the chamber up to the required temperature.
- When the temperature starts declining because of coal fading, add fully lit coal from the chimney.
- Monitor temperature at both sides of the cooking chamber using good thermometers.
- The opening lid of either a firebox or cooking chamber will disturb the balance between temperature and humidity, so keep the lid closed.
- Halfway cooking it is necessary to rotate the milk within the cooking chamber.
If you have purchased a cheap offset smoker, you can think of the following modifications to make it work better for you.
- Add a convection plate or a deflector or a duct.
- Install a good quality thermometer on two sides of the cooking chamber.
- Extend the chimney of your offset smoker downward.
- Plug any leakage from any of the lids.
- For better heat utilization drape the cooking chamber with a foil insulation blanket.
With this modification and techniques, you can have good food cooked even with Cheap offset smokers.
Understanding your new Offset Smoker can be the key to great tasting BBQ. So find the perfect one for you today, and let the good times start as soon as possible.
Shop Offset Smokers
Royal Gourmet 30" BBQ Charcoal Grill and Offset Smoker | 800 Square Inch cooking surface, Outdoor for Camping | Black, CC1830S model
$121.99 in stock
- 811 Square Inches: Includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 184 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 184 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Tasty Smoke Flavors: The offset smoker is firmly attached to grill to ensure good circulation of heat and smoke. Easy to open side door to add charcoal and remove ashes; air vent stokes fire instantly.
- Adjustable Pan: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control and holds up to 4.4 lbs. of coal.
- Temperature Monitor: Lid-mounted thermometer gauge helps check and monitor the cooking temperature and you can cook with great confidence.
- Ample Space: Front and side tables offer workspace for seasonings and grilling tools. The bottom shelf provides extra storage space and holds up to only 20 lb. accessories when they are evenly distributed.
Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black
- Ample Cooking Space: A total of 823 sq. in. cooking surface includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 191 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Great Performance: With a firm combination of offset smoker, this charcoal grill delivers excellent performance. Experience grilled and smoked meat at the same time with no hassle.
- Heat Control System: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control. Cooking chamber maintains internal temperature and prevents air loss.
- Preparatory Space: Front shelf offers room for seasonings and bottom shelf provides extra storage space.
- Easy to Move: Two wagon-style wheels make this grill easy to move around, the side spring handle allows for extra convenience for transport.
Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn Reverse Flow Smoker
4 used from $631.76
- TYPE: The Longhorn Reverse Flow Offset Smoker provides the best for you outdoor cooking needs. With optional smokestack locations you choose between reverse flow smoking and traditional offset smoking.
- FUEL: Charcoal fuel allows you to grill with high heat or cook low and slow.
- SIZE: 751-square-inches of primary cooking space; 309-square-inches of secondary cooking space.
- MATERIAL: Heavy-gauge steel construction ensures durability you can trust.
- CONTROLS: Professional temperature gauge for accurate monitoring.
Char-Broil 12201570-A1 American Gourmet Offset Smoker, Black,Standard
- Combination Offset Smoker, BBQ & Charcoal Grill
- 290 square inch cooking surface in main chamber
- 140 sq. in. cooking surface in firebox chamber
- Adjustable height steel fire grate
- Clean-out door for easy ash removal with adjustable built-in damper
Oklahoma Joe's Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
- 900 total Square inch cooking surface- 619 Square inches in main chamber, 281 Square inches in firebox chamber
- Reverse-flow smoker employs a Series of 4 baffles to guide heat and smoke through the main chamber delivering an even and delicious result
- Removable baffles and optional smokestack locations for a customizable setup
- Firebox chamber features large stainless Steel fuel basket and clean-out door for easy ash removal
- Heavy-gauge all-steel construction, porcelain-coated cooking grates and multiple dampers for easy heat and smoke control
Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker 6 in 1 BBQ Grill Auto Temperature Control, 450 Sq in Bronze
$399.00 in stock
- ★Ultimate 6-in-1-- barbecue wood fire pellet grill: bbq✓bake✓roast✓braise✓smoke✓grill
- ★Fan-forced Convection cooking-eliminates the need for a rotisserie and creates a versatile environment for grilling, roasting, smoking, braising and baking.
- ★2019 UPGRADE--Temperature and Pellet Feed Control System. The new upgrade digital control board auto ignites the grill and allows you to set the cooking temperature from 180°f to 450°f.
- ★Automated electric feed system-maintains the heat for you from 180ºf to 450ºf and produce the optimal amount of smoke. Just set it and let it work: No more babysitting. Enjoy the cooking!
- ★HUGE GRILLING AREA--450 Square inches grilling area; 15-pound hopper capacity. Foldable working shelf; heavy duty all terrain wheels; rust proof cover & racks
ALEKO Portable Charcoal BBQ Offset Smoker Grill with Side Fire Box - Black