- Current Deals on Kamado Grills
- Shop Kamado Grills
- Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, Graphite
- Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill, 18 inch, Blaze Red
- Aoxun 13" Kamado Grill, Roaster and Smoker. BBQ Grill,Multifunctional Ceramic Barbecue Grill, Egg Outdoor Kitchen Style
- Chefood 16" Ceramic Kamado Style BBQ Cooking Charcoal Pumpkin Grill
- Lifesmart 15" Ceramic Kamado Grill
- Lifesmart 15" Ceramic Kamado Grill
- VISION Grills Ceramic Kamado (Large, Black Bundle)
- A brief history of the Kamado
Cooking in ceramics, world-wide and from the beginning of time has provided the premier material for all types of foods. Here we explain why the latest Kamado® design, is by far the very finest ceramic vessel in which to smoke, bake or grill any type of food whether it be meat, fish, vegetable, or rice.
The Kamado is artistically tiled with the finest imported high gloss ceramic tile and their larger hand-made custom tile.
The expensive material and dedicated labor costs are rewarded by a “work of art” which will make a beautiful addition to your home or patio. You now have the opportunity to select a color to match your decor and will have a piece of functional yard art.
Current Deals on Kamado Grills
More information on the ceramic Kamado grill
- What fuel or charcoal do you use? The Kamado grill is designed to use any customary barbecue fuel. All forms of hardwood charcoal are excellent. Mesquite, for example. All hardwoods (not necessarily wood “charcoal”) is exceptionally good for matching the unique characteristic of the particular wood to the particular flavor desired in the food being prepared. I.g. oak, cherry, peach, maple, hickory, and many others.
- How do you start the Kamado grill? Lighting is quick and easy regardless of weather or wind conditions. Just use a few pieces of newspaper and twigs if available. The design of the heavy ceramic combustion chamber and the rapid airflow ignite the coals like nothing before. Thereafter, the heat is kept inside because of the thick ceramic walls. An electric starter is convenient. We avoid lighter fluid because of the residual petroleum taste. Their guarantee is that you can reach “500 degrees in 5 minutes”.
- How do you control the temperature? Simply by adjusting the damper top and draft door you can regulate the temperature to within a few degrees. The effect of closing or opening the drafts is to restrict or increase the airflow to the charcoal in the combustion chamber. The more of an opening, the more air and thus a hotter temperature.To reduce the heat or extinguish the coals, simply reduce or shut the airflow to the combustion chamber by adjusting the damper top by turning it down and/or adjusting the draft door by pushing in or closing it.These settings will remain stable for hours without further adjustment since the thick ceramic walls provide excellent heat retention, insulation, and radiation. Remember, the temperature is controlled by how much air is allowed to the coals and not how much charcoal is used.
- Can you Smoke with a Kamado grill? Yes. Kamado’s reputation for smoking is unsurpassed. Historically, as today, the only proper “Smoking” vessel must have thick heavy ceramic walls to maintain long, low, and stable heat. Smoking temperatures are considerably lower temperatures (in the 150 to 200 degrees range). These temperatures can be easily controlled by adjusting the damper to approximately ½ inch (one spin ) and the draft door “cracked”. The Kamado grill will retain this heat for over 12 hours without adjustment or adding fuel. You can have a hint of smoke or you can “smoke to the bone” . Just try it. You will agree that the Kamado is the best smoker in the world.
- Can you bake? Yes. “Oven” or baking temperatures (in the 300-degree range) are obtained and controlled by setting the damper top to approximately one inch and the draft door one half of an inch. Little or no adjustment will be required for the time that it would take to bake a 20-pound turkey, for instance. Cooking time is approximately 1/3 less because of the Kamado’s design and characteristics of ceramics.No rotisserie is ever needed for two reasons: one, the Kamado has the proper form or shape that allows excellent convection or heat circulation i.e. the engineering principle that “round is better than square” and two there retained heat radiated from the thick heavy walls does the cooking equally from above as well as below. The whole magic of cooking in ceramics becomes apparent on your very first turkey or roast. There is just nothing like it! Guaranteed!
- Can you broil? Yes. It is imperative for proper broiling that the cooking vessel obtain high temperatures (400 degrees and up). The emphasis is the heat in the cooking vessel, not flames. No barbecue in the world will get as hot inside as our Kamado and in many respects, it is a “kiln”.You can experience searing meat from heat and not flames. Broiling temperatures can be set much higher than ordinary barbecues because excessive heat is in the ceramic walls and still no flames because there is insufficient air to create flames or flare-up.The method suggested is: (1) Fully open the damper and draft door. (2) When the inside temperature reaches and stabilizes at approximately 700 degrees (3) Place the steaks or meat on the grill, (4) Adjust the damper top between 1 to 2 inches, and the draft door 2 inches. (5) Further adjust the damper to control the temperature as desired and prevent any flames or flare-up, (6) Broiling will require the meat to be turned. (Probably 3 to 4 minutes on one side and 2 to 4 minutes on the other side.) A little experience in temperature control (the drafts) will enable you to perfect the desired result. We suggest our external temperature gauge be considered as a help in perfecting temperature control. Cooking time is much less (1/2 to 1/3) than any other appliance. For the first few times broiling it is a good idea to watch carefully to see that the temperatures are not excessive. Flames shooting out the top, for instance. If this occurs, simply spin the damper down.There will be tremendous heat remaining inside but no flames. This would be a perfect setting for unbelievable char-broiled steaks. “Char” from heat not charred by grease flames. A remarkable culinary feat that can only be obtained by broiling in a Kamado. You will never believe it till you taste it!
- What do you do if there is a “flare-up”? Flare-up is generally caused by grease dripping on the hot coals. This is simply controlled by turning the damper top-down to a distance that prevents sufficient airflow to the firebox. In this case, there is a tremendous amount of heat (retained in the walls) but not sufficient air for flames or combustion.
Shop Kamado Grills
Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Charcoal Grill, Graphite
$329.00 in stock
- KAMADO CHARCOAL GRILL - Kamado style BBQ Grill & Smoker perfect for both high heat grilling and low and slow cooking
- LARGE COOKING AREA - 20 inch Cooking Diameter with 447 square inch total Cooking Area can cook up to 27 burgers at once
- BEST IN CLASS FEATURES - Triple-Walled Steel Insulated Design, Cast Iron Grates, Locking Lid, 8" Locking Caster Wheels, Removable Warming Rack, Bottom Storage Shelf, and Foldable Side Shelf Workstations with BBQ Tool Storage Hooks
- EASY TO USE & CLEAN - Control the heat levels with ease using the indexed adjustable dual dampers and thermometer, and quickly clean up after grilling using the removable Easy Dump Ash Pan
- DIMENSIONS - 31”L x 45”W x 47”H, 97 lbs (pairs with the Char-Griller 6755 AKORN Grill Cover and 6201 AKORN Smokin' Stone, both sold separately)
Kamado Joe KJ23RHC Classic II Charcoal Grill, 18 inch, Blaze Red
- Premium 18″ Ceramic Grill with Cast Iron Cart & Locking Wheels – The Kamado Joe Classic II gives the perfect cooking size of 18 inches along with its Premium cart that comes with the purchase of your grill, including locking casters and wheels.
- 2-Tier Divide & Conquer - Divide & Conquer Flexible Cooking System transforms the humble grill grate into the most powerful cooking tool in your arsenal. The revolutionary multi-level, half-moon design frees you to cook different foods in different styles at different temperatures—all at the same time
- Kontrol Tower Top Vent - Maintains consistent air setting for precise airflow management during dome opening and closing. Constructed of powder coated cast aluminum, the patent pending dual-adjustment top vent is rain resistant and allows you to smoke from 225F all the way to searing at 750F.
- Air Lift Hinge – The air lift hinge significantly reduces dome weight. The grill dome can be lifted with a single finger giving the most comfortable grilling experience there is.
- AMP (Advanced Multi-Panel) FireBox – The patent pending six-piece design eliminates breakage and increases grill efficiency.
Aoxun 13" Kamado Grill, Roaster and Smoker. BBQ Grill,Multifunctional Ceramic Barbecue Grill, Egg Outdoor Kitchen Style
- 【Ceramics Wall】- A classic style Kamadao grill must have ceramics wall as it is one kind of the best insulation material. Ceramic wall has a tremendous heat storage capacity, which can absords the heat for hours efficiently and keep the temperature between 50 - 800 degrees!
- 【Fuel Efficiency】- Heavy ceramic construction and egg-shaped design is also benefical for the kamado grill's fuel efficiency. The thick sides retain heat so well, very little charcoal and oxygen are necessary to continue to fuel the fire.
- 【Multiple Cooking Styles】- The versatile charcoal-fueled grill is able to perform in multiple different ways. The heat retention and outstanding control of air flow makes baking fresh bread or even gourmet-style pizza possible. Explore your culinary creativity and grill, smoke, bake or roast.
- 【True Grilled Food Taste】- Kamado grills use true charcoal or lump charcoal fuel rather than the presoaked charcoal or traditional charcoal and lighter fluid. Cooking in a Kamado style grill provides true smoke and charcoal flavor.
- 【Portable Design】- 52.8 pounds item weight is easy to be moved as you need. 25 x 15.16 x 14.57 inches size won't take much space of car boot. Grill area is suiable for 3-4 persons. Enjoy the outdoor barbecue with your family or friends by this well-designed Yamadao grill.
Chefood 16" Ceramic Kamado Style BBQ Cooking Charcoal Pumpkin Grill
|Size||16" Exterior Diameter|
Lifesmart 15" Ceramic Kamado Grill
Lifesmart 15" Ceramic Kamado Grill
VISION Grills Ceramic Kamado (Large, Black Bundle)
- Ability to move between temperatures of 200Degree and 700Degree+ in minutes
- Superior heat retention creates more eco-friendly coal consumption and reduced ash
- The self contained cooking environment eliminates hot spots and flare ups
- Ceramic construction eliminates exterior contact burn risk and allows for year-round grilling from negative 30Degree to over 100Degree weather
- 596 square Inch of grill space
A brief history of the Kamado
Ancient Cooking in Ceramics
From the beginning of time, humans used clay vessels to cook their food. Archeologists have found clay cooking pots in every part of the world, and you should note that some of these cooking pots are similar in shape to our Kamado. There was, and still is, magic associated with cooking in ceramics.
The American made Kamado grill
In the latter part of the 1960s, Richard manufactured ceramic Kamados in the United States. These Kamados were made of high fire ceramics and had a high gloss ceramic glaze. The formula used was similar to “Corning Ware.” The U.S. made Kamado corrected two major problems with the Japanese made Kamado. One, it did not crack with heat and weather, and two, it was glazed to retain color instead of being painted.
A major component of the U.S. made Kamado was a ceramic mineral that contracted with heat, allowing for a zero coefficient of expansion. The mineral came from Rhodesia; however, in the early 1970s the U.S. put an embargo on all imports from Rhodesia. Efforts to find a substitute formula failed and production of the Kamado was discontinued.
In October of 1996, the Kamado Company introduced an entirely new ceramic tiled Kamado. The original Kamado patent holder, Richard Johnson, performed research and development for this new product in California. Today’s Kamado incorporates all of the outstanding features of ceramic cooking found in earlier Kamados, along with many new engineering and aesthetic improvements. We hope that you agree today’s Kamado is a beautiful, lifetime-functional product that will make a very special addition to your home.