Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill (CC1830F)
The Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill CC1830F is a sleek, shiny grill that looks like it has a smaller version of itself attached to it, almost like a sidecar. The sidecar is actually an offset smoker, which gives the person doing the grilling an extra 183 square inches of cooking space but does not have a rack as the main grilling area does.
The lid for the smoker and the offset smoker is heavy-duty, so it won’t open easily and expose the food that is being cooked to the elements and lose cooking time from being exposed to cooler air. However, if the ambient air temperature outside the grill where the people are walking is the same as the inside of the grill that is cooking the food, the person doing the grilling has bigger problems than a jostled grill lid. Since the grill lid is attached to the bottom portion of the grill, there is no chance that the lid will fall to the ground.
Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker, Black
- Ample Cooking Space: A total of 823 sq. in. cooking surface includes 443 sq. in. porcelain-enameled steel wire cooking grates, 191 sq. in. chrome-plated warming rack and 189 sq. in. offset smoker.
- Great Performance: With a firm combination of offset smoker, this charcoal grill delivers excellent performance. Experience grilled and smoked meat at the same time with no hassle.
- Heat Control System: 2-level height-adjustable charcoal pan creates better heat control. Cooking chamber maintains internal temperature and prevents air loss.
- Preparatory Space: Front shelf offers room for seasonings and bottom shelf provides extra storage space.
- Easy to Move: Two wagon-style wheels make this grill easy to move around, the side spring handle allows for extra convenience for transport.
The charcoal pan of the grill is able to hold up to five pounds of charcoal at a time and the handles to lift the grill are adjustable, which means the height of the charcoal can be adjusted as well, which allows for better heating. The small crack in the front of the grill and the bottom shelf of the grill is made out of steel mesh, are both easy to clean up, and provides plenty of storage space for tools and supplies normally needed for the grill. The small crack in the front of the grill would be a great place to stick tools for flipping the food on the grill when they are not in use, provided they don’t fall through the gaps on the rack.
The dimensions of the warming rack are 179 square inches, the offset smoker, formerly called the sidecar, provides the griller an additional 183 square inches of cooking area, and it has porcelain steel cooking grates. Porcelain steel is a combination I have never heard of before. Steel is strong, but porcelain is fragile. Porcelain steel is also known as industrial porcelain enamel, glass-lined steel, or glass fused to steel and is the use of porcelain enamel in industrial applications. The porcelain enamel is applied to the metal to protect surfaces from physical damage and to improve how the product looks. Which would mean that the cooking grates are made of steel, but have a porcelain enamel coating to protect the grates from physical damage in the cooking process and to improve the look of the cooking grates as a secondary characteristic.
The main cooking chamber of the grill is 438 square inches and the cooking grates have a diameter of a quarter of an inch, the charcoal pan can hold five pounds of charcoal at a time. The black paint on the exterior of the grill is heat-resistant and will not chip, which means that there should not be any bubbling, cracking, melting, or chipping of the exterior paint. There is a thermometer built into the main lid so it is easy to see what the interior temperature of the grill is to determine if the food is being cooked at the proper temperature, and there are adjustable vents for better airflow. This grill is easily portable and only weighs 57 pounds and the dimensions of the grill are 45.3 x 26.8 x 48 inches, which would be the length, width, and height of the grill.
Pros & Cons of Royal Gourmet Grill
- Heavy-duty lid that is attached to the bottom portion of the grill and will not fall off.
- Handles of the grill are adjustable, which means the height of the charcoal coals can be adjusted as needed
- There is an external thermometer that shows the interior temperature to make sure the food is being cooked at the proper temperature.
- The rack in front of the grill is a good place for cooking tools while they are not being used.
- The rack below the grill is a great place to store items for later use.
- Both the front rack and bottom rack are easy to clean.
- Exterior paint is heat-resistant
- Easy to put together, especially with the second pair of hands for faster assembly
- Easy to clean
- Has wheels for easy portability
- Compact design
- The ash pan can be removed for easy cleaning
- The front shelf is somewhat small
- There is nothing stopping items on the bottom shelf from falling off. Could easily be remedied by adding a barrier on the side to prevent this. Or all four sides if one of the sides can be opened, closed, and latched to make sure the fourth side does not swing open.
- There have been some issues about the assembly of the grill being difficult
- There have been some issues with peeling paint, but proper cleaning and other grill care play a role in the longevity of the grill.
- Smoke tends to leak out every once in a while
Hey, we are in the last phase of the Royal Gourmet Gas Grill review post. Interestingly enough, this grill can roast both non-vegetarian and vegetarian food items easily. The bottom rack of the grill can be used to store food items, or other equipment used in grilling, such as charcoal, a fire extinguisher that is designed for fires from this type of grill, or cooking utensils so the person doing the grilling doesn’t have to go inside for what they need, or send someone else inside for what they need. They could even store plastic or Styrofoam plates down there for when people are eating outside.
If the grill owner, or owners, are concerned about the possibility of the items in the bottom rack falling off, either from when the grill is being moved around, or otherwise, then they could add a barrier on three sides of the bottom rack where they can still see what is on the rack. Or, if they wanted to, they could put the barrier all the way around the bottom rack, with the fourth side having the ability to be latched, but still, be able to see what is on the bottom rack, and able to put things on the rack, either by passing it over the barrier, or unlatching one side of the barrier they have created. Remember, a well cared for and regularly cleaned grill lasts far longer than one that is not cleaned after every use.