This simple and rather nice bourbon chicken recipe was given to me by an old work colleague – who knows where she got it from, but it is good.
Use a similar quantity of chicken legs, or wings if that’s your preference, as long as the bourbon sauce completely coats the meat. The marinade works OK with pork as well and can be used as a basting sauce with passable results.
Bourbon Chicken Recipe Ingredients
- 2lb or more of boneless chicken breasts, whole or cubed if you prefer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup any bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- Put the chicken in a dish of some kind.
- Then mix all the other ingredients together in a measuring jug.
- Pour this marinade/sauce over the chicken, making sure it completely coats the meat.
- Marinate for 4-8 hours, or even overnight.
- Grill the chicken for 25-30 minutes turning every few minutes. If you diced the chicken, it should cook slightly quicker.
- Baste a couple of times with the remaining bourbon sauce. But, do remember that the marinade has had raw chicken in it and some would say you shouldn’t use it at all. But if you do baste, give it some time to cook as well, so don’t baste it just before it comes off the grill!